Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Toddler Dies After Mistaking Gun for Wii Controller

I don't get it.

Does this
Look like this?

 

Playing computer games, Wii or not, I don't think any computer game's name should be used when a toddler shoots herself with a gun.

Guns should not be on the TABLE.

I think even a toddle that plays the Wii can point the gun in the right way.

I've handled one of these 9mm,

1) The trigger is not light. It does take effort to pull the trigger.
2) It is much heavier than a Wiimote.
3) It does not look like a Wiimote.

I've handled a Wiimote with a gun attachment

1) You do not point the "long part" and fire at yourself.

I have a question:

Why do people in Tennessee leave loaded guns at home?

For a 3 year old to pull the trigger, it might be cocked too!

Time to get more responsible parents.

"I believe that something positive will come out of this -- that another family won't go through the heartbreak of this family,"

Damn, I think the stepfather must be blamed for the unfortunate accident.

Guns don't kill.
Leaving loaded and armed guns on the table for toddlers do.

-- Robin Low

No comments: